Owner and broker of Carleton Realty, Bob Kutschbach, talks about getting your home ready to list in the spring.
Spring has sprung and there is plenty of good news in the air. Not only is the weather breaking but we are coming out of COVID and the market is heating up, as if it needed to heat up any more. So, if you are thinking about listing your house this spring or summer we have some tips for you!
- Landscaping is fabulous this time of year. Make sure that the garden is mulched, plants and trees are trimmed, and everything is cleaned up from the winter.
- Make sure the inside of the home is ready. Crack the windows to let in the fresh air and smell of flowers.
- Do a thorough spring cleaning. Dust chandeliers and ceiling fans and sweep. Remove storm windows and clean the windows. Fresh flowers inside are a great touch!
- Cleaning is the #1 way to make a home pop and it’s the least expensive. Consider having the home professionally cleaned prior to listing. a home that is extra clean looks like it is well maintained and brings top dollar.
- Clean out the closets. Remove out-of-season clothes And store them away. It makes the closet look bigger.
- Clear off countertops and organize your pantry. This gives the illusion of more counter and pantry space.
- Clean the carpets or consider replacing them. Especially if there are pet stains.
- Wipe down your mechanicals! Dusting the top of the water heater and furnace can make it look newer and well maintained.
If you have any questions about listing your home this spring please contact one of our REALTORS®!