Summer is heating up! As the season changes, there is a fresh list of home maintenance items to complete. From ensuring that your a/c unit keeps working in the summer heat to preventing more work for yourself in the garden, here are a list of 7 home maintenance tasks to do this summer!
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors – you should be checking your detectors every season to make sure that they are in good working order. Making sure that your batteries are not dead is important!
- Inspect your air conditioners – changing your a/c and furnace filters can help the units run more efficiently. An efficient unit saves you money in the long run.
- Clean your ceiling fan blades – Dust can really build up on your ceiling fan blades. Wiping them down with a damp cloth can keep that dust from spreading throughout your house as the fan gets more use.
- Clean your grill – Grease fires are no fun! If your grill gets heavy use you may want to clean it a few times over the course of the summer.
- Mulch your flower beds – A layer of mulch is dual purpose! It can keep the weeds at bay, saving time for more fun things and it also makes your landscaping look fantastic!
- Power wash and seal your deck – This task not only keeps your deck looking good but protects it from the elements, extending its life.
- Clean your windows and screens – Summer is the perfect time to clean your windows. The spring rains have passed, keeping the dirt from building up. While you are at it better clean those screens too! No use having sparkling windows with dirty screens.
A little effort at the beginning of the season can give you a lot more time by the pool! And who doesn’t want that?